TERMS & CONDITIONS (“T&Cs”)
This website is owned and operated by Criteo Technology S.A., a French company, having its registered address at 32 rue blanche, 75009 Paris, France.
Created and hosted by AGORIZE SAS, a simplified joint-stock company with capital of €107,217.90, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under no. 530 774 439, having its registered office at 15 rue Béranger, 75003 Paris, France .
Criteo Singapore Pte Ltd., Criteo Technology's affiliate ("Criteo," “we” or “us”) provides the Challenge registration platform accessible at https://criteo.agorize.com/en/challenges/criteocommerceacademyagencychallenge (“Website”), which allows eligible participants to register for the Challenge organized by Criteo.
These T&Cs govern your access to and use of the Website and its Services.
By opening an account on the Website, you must tick a box, and confirm that you have read and accepted these T&Cs, which form a legally binding contract between you and Criteo.
If you wish to participate in a specific Challenge, you will be asked to review and accept the rules applicable to the specific Challenge.
Please read the following carefully. If you do not accept these T&Cs, do not use the Website. We may amend these T&Cs at any time by posting an updated version to this web page and notifying you before the amended T&Cs take effect.
To improve your user experience, we may also modify, without prior notice, the structure and design of our Website, as well as some Services or content.
In this document,
“Account” means the account that must be created to become a Member and access the Services offered by the Website;
"Brief" means the concise statement of the instructions and guidelines for a Challenge prepared by a Organizer;
"Challenge" means an invitation for proposals to solve a specific problem or challenge issued by a Organizer, who may offer an award for the winning Deliverables submitted via the Website by a Member registered to participate in the Challenge, and in accordance with the Challenge Rules;
“Challenge Rules” refers to the rules applicable to a Challenge and which are binding between the Organizer and each Challenge participant. In the event of discrepancies or contradictions with the T&Cs, the Challenge Rules shall apply;
“Community” refers to all Members of the Website;
“Deliverables” all submissions, original ideas, documents or other materials (such as presentations, videos, etc.) uploaded to the Website by Members in response and as part of a completion stage to a specific Challenge;
“Member” means any individual having an Account on the Website;
“Services” means all products, services, content, features, technologies or functions delivered by us via the Website; and
"Organizer" means the company or organization that organizes a Challenge and submits a Brief and Challenge to Members via the Website, including Criteo.
4. Opening an Account
You must be 18 years or older to use our Services, and by opening an Account you declare that you meet this condition.
The Website allows Members to view and enroll in Challenges and to interact with Organizers through message boards, chat, email and messaging. You can view the Briefs and Challenges if you are not registered, but you cannot enroll in or participate in a Challenge without first opening an Account and becoming a Member.
To create your Account, you can:
- complete the mandatory fields in the registration form (e.g., first and last name, corporate email, contact number, job title, company name, country of residence, industry, and password). An Account activation link will be emailed to you; your Account is activated once you click on the link
C. Accuracy of Account
You must ensure that all the information you provided in order to create your Account is accurate and true all the time and that it will updated, as needed.
You are responsible for keeping your Account password confidential. You agree to inform us immediately if there is an unauthorized use of your Account or a security breach, such as loss or theft of your login information.
The Website is an online innovation platform on which Organizers can create and post Briefs and Challenges in which Members can participate, subject to the specific conditions of each Challenge as set out in the Challenge Rules.
As a Member:
- you may access a personalized space on the Website that contains your profile, allows you to view the Challenges in which you have enrolled, and to communicate and exchange messages, including by email and chat, with Organizers, , ;
- you may register for Challenges, provided you meet all the conditions of the Challenge Rules;
- you may participate in a Challenge, individually, as specified in the Challenge Rules;
- you may upload Deliverables in response to a Challenge, as specified in the Challenge Rules;
- you may retrieve and Deliverables that you submitted during your participation in a specific Challenge, as specified in the Challenge Rules.
Organizers are solely responsible for assessing all Deliverables and independently decide, in accordance with the Challenge Rules, on the winner(s) of a Challenge. Decisions made by Organizers are considered final.
6. Content posted by you on the Website
You may communicate with Organizers via the Website. Any information you provide on the Website, both during registration and use of the Services (such as, public message board postings, emails, chats, Deliverables, etc.) is subject to the following:
- You agree that content posted by you will be accurate and will not: (i) infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, or (ii) violate any law (including export control, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
- Regarding Deliverables, you guarantee that (i) you are the owner or authorized user of the intellectual property contained in your Deliverable and that (ii) you are not required to transfer your rights over the Deliverable to a third party pursuant to an employment relationship or other contract; or that (iii) you have obtained any necessary authorizations from your employer or co-contracting party before submitting the Deliverables. At any time, you may be asked to make legally binding warranties and representations to the Organizer in relation to a Deliverable or any specific information that you submit.
- You are solely responsible for the content that you publish or upload to the Website, and for the transfer of technologies or information with which you are involved. Criteo expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility thereto.
7. Member Rules of Conduct on the Website
There are certain rules that apply to Members. You agree:
- to not submit to Organizers false, misleading, malicious or fraudulent information via the Website;
- to not post on the Website content of a defamatory, injurious, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, offensive, aggressive, uncalled-for, violent, threatening, harassing, racist or xenophobic nature, or with sexual connotations, inciting violence, discrimination or hatred, encouraging illegal activities, or more generally content that is contrary to good morals or the purposes of the Website;
- to not infringe the rights and image of Criteo or its affiliates, such as its intellectual property rights;
- to not open more than one Account on the Website or open an Account in the name of a third party;
- to not use the Account of another Member;
- to not try to bypass the Website, such as by trying to contact or send a Organizer your Deliverables outside of the Website;
- to not transfer data that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any computer file or program that could interrupt, destroy or limit the functioning of any computer or network linked directly or indirectly to the Website;
- to not use any device, software or routine that could interfere with the proper working of the Website or which is intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- to not to take any action (such as, spamming) that imposes an unreasonable load on our Website;
- to not violate the principle of confidentiality, which may exist within the framework of a Challenge; and
- to, more generally, not to act in a way that violates the law or breaches these T&Cs.
Within the framework of a Challenge, you may be required to maintain certain information confidential.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Criteo and its affiliates harmless, from and against all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, arising from your unauthorized and prohibited disclosure of confidential information.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
A. Member grant of license to Criteo
For the purposes of our Website and to enable the Services, you grant Criteo and its affiliates a non-exclusive license, free of charge, for the entire world and for the duration of your contractual relationship with us, to use the content and data that you submit on the Website. Specifically, you authorize us to display, distribute, publish, reproduce, represent, adapt, use and translate any content you provide, and to broadcast it via the Website and any other communication protocol and to share it with the public, Community and Organizers.
B. Criteo’s IP Rights / Limited License
This Website is controlled and operated by Criteo or its affiliate. Our proprietary software, and our materials on the Website, including logos, trademarks, trade names, images, text, illustrations, audio, video files and the selection, coordination and arrangement of such materials, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, or other proprietary rights which are either owned by us or owned by other parties who have licensed their intellectual property to us, and all other trademarks, service marks, and trade names used on the Website are the property of their respective owners.
Subject to being a Member, Criteo grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, personal and non-transferable license, to use the Website, for your personal and private use, on a non-commercial basis and in compliance with the purposes of the Website.
You are prohibited from any other use or exploitation of the Website and Services, and their content, without the prior written permission of Criteo. Notably, you are prohibited from:
- reproducing, adapting, distributing, publicly representing and disseminating the Website, the Services, Briefs, Challenges and the content of the Website;
- extracting or attempting to extract (notably using data mining robots or any other similar data collection tool) a substantial part of the data of the Website;
- copying, modifying, creating a derivative work of, reverse engineering, reverse assembling or otherwise attempting to discover any source code;
- modifying or attempting to modify the Website in any manner or form, except that you have the right to modify your self-generated content on the Website;
- framing or utilizing framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including Challenge descriptions, images, text, page layout, or form);
- using any meta tags or any other "hidden text" with the name or trademarks of Criteo or its affiliate.
Any unauthorized use by you which contravenes the above terminates the license granted by us.
All new versions, updates or changes to our Website, Services or related content shall be subject to these T&Cs. Criteo reserves all rights not expressly granted by the present T&Cs.
10. Account suspension, restrictions of access and termination
You can terminate your contractual relations with Criteo and close your Account at any time by clicking on the “Delete your profile” tab on your profile page or by contacting Criteo. The termination takes effect immediately.
If you breach your undertakings as set out in these T&Cs or the Challenge Rules or if we have genuine reason to believe that the security and integrity of Criteo or its affiliates, its Members, Organizers, or third parties are at risk, we reserve the right to:
- immediately terminate these T&Cs binding you; and
- temporarily or permanently suspend your Account.
When this is necessary, you will be notified of such measures to enable you to respond. Criteo will decide, at its sole discretion, whether to lift the measures put in place.
11. Personal Data we collect and process
12. Operation, availability and functionalities of the Platform
We shall try as far as possible to maintain the Website continually accessible. But access to the Website or the use of certain features may be suspended or disrupted without notice, due to technical maintenance, migration, or updates, or owing to outages or constraints linked to the network or for other technical reasons.
We reserve the right to modify or suspend all or part of your access to the Website or its features, at our sole discretion, temporarily or permanently.
13. Modification of the T&Cs
These T&Cs and the documents integrated by reference express the entire agreement between you and Criteo relative to your use of the Website and the Services.
Criteo may modify these T&Cs to adapt to its technological and commercial environment, and to comply with the law. Any modification to these T&Cs will be published on the Website with mention of the effective date, and you will be notified by Criteo before the changes take effect.
14. Applicable law and dispute resolution
These T&Cs are governed and construed in accordance law, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
You irrevocably agree to submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the competent court of Singapore.
15. Webhosting AMAZON WEB SERVICES
Region of operations (i.e. servers location) :
eu-west-3 (Paris, France)
Amazon Web Services,
Inc. P.O. Box 81226 Seattle,
16. Credit for Website design and Publisher Contact
15 rue Béranger
Tel.: (+33) 0 1 55 43 79 45
17. Effective Date
23rd May 2023